Kentucky bluegrass the “water saving” option is ideal for clients who are concerned about protecting the environment. Composed of TWCA and/or A-LIST-certified Kentucky bluegrass cultivars, this grass ensures reduced watering requirements once well established.
this grass ensures reduced watering requirements once well established.
- Mix of several TWCA and/or A-LIST certified cultivars requiring up to 50% less water once well established
- Perfect for your eco-responsible projects or to obtain LEED points
- High-quality lawn
- Dark green colour, very dense with excellent uniformity
- Leaf texture: medium
- Extremely hardy, does well in our climate
- Tolerates traffic well
- Rhizomes enhance rapid regrowth
- Ideal for your no-watering projects (once well established) requiring 100% Kentucky bluegrass.
- Composed of TWCA or A-LIST-certified cultivars with a demonstrated capacity to enter into dormancy later during periods of drought (see Fig. 1).
- Made up of cultivars that will more quickly regain their vitality and green colour after a period of drought. The dormancy period is therefore reduced.
- Even though dormancy is an excellent plant survival method, it makes the plants more susceptible to stress. A shorter dormancy period reduces the risk of weed infestation and sensitivity to foot traffic.
- A lawn with a shorter dormancy period will result in greater photosynthesis, thus more effectively decreasing the ‘heat island’ effect.
- Reduced water and input requirements make this grass a more environmentally-friendly option.
Breeds : 100 % Kentucky bluegrass
Soil type : Loam to sandy loam
Thickness : 12 to 20 mm
Mowing Height: 50 to 80 mm
Dimensions: 2 pi x 5 pi
Commercial, residential, municipal, LEED projects, eco-responsible projects